Newbie Question about Symbols was: Re: [ENH] Lispy list functions

John-Reed Maffeo rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Sep 9 14:28:44 UTC 1999

Why would this matter? I thought Symbols were a class of objects
designed to be used for comparisons and that they had no special
meaning outside of the context in which they were being used.

Is there something about Symbols that I am missing?

Thanks,
John-Reed Maffeo
Mesa, AZ, USA

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
 --- snip
> Also worth considering might be, as you others suggested, using #head and
> #tail instead of my #listHead and #listTail. The problem with these
> easier-to-type selectors is that there exist some classes already using
> #head and it would surely be reasonable to have some WonderlandActor
> equipped with a #tail ...
--- snip