Adjusting Squeak interface for comfort

Frank Sergeant frank at canyon-medical.com
Fri Sep 10 17:03:37 UTC 1999

There are two things in particular that I feel have hampered my
ability to play around with Squeak.  The first was the small size
of the fonts which made it difficult for me to browse classes
and methods, as I could barely read them.  I finally poked around
enough to find out how to adjust that (by sending TextStyle a
message to adjust the default font size).  This makes working
in Squeak much much more comfortable for me.

The second item is one I haven't been able to solve yet.  The
outboard scrollbars that flash on and off as the mouse pointer
moves in and out of a window are unpleasant to me.  I would like
to have inboard scroll bars that don't flash on and off (on the
right would be even better (I am not left handed, even if most of
the text _is_ on the left)).  I have altered the preferences
setting to change inboard scroll bars to true, saved the image,
restarted it, and verified that the item continues to be true.
This doesn't seem to help.  The scroll bars are still outboard
and flashing.  Can anyone tell me how to change this?

I am running Squeak 2.4 on Windows 95.

I also have an interest in how to make Squeak have a more W95-like
appearance.  I have heard that some people have done things along
this line.  Can anyone tell me where to look for this?  How close
a W95 look has been achieved?

  -- Frank
  frank at canyon-medical.com