[Fwd: What do Alan Kay, John McCarthy, and Konrad Zuse havein common?]

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at disney.com
Thu Sep 16 15:08:17 UTC 1999

I actually tried to get out of this: at the very least on generational
grounds! It doesn't seem right to be included with great people from
earlier generations who were large influences on my own ideas. And I tend
to get way more relative credit than I deserve (think of the incredible
talents, like Dan Ingalls, who have been my colleagues). I'm thinking of
doing my talk as a tribute to John and his truly deep contributions to
ideas about computing.

Cheers,

Alan

-----