Unicode support

ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Fri Sep 24 06:19:40 UTC 1999

  Hi Hannes,

> 1. Unicode page on Swiki
> I just gave a try to somehow compile the lively discussion on Unicode
> support on

> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.857

> May I invite you to review and eventually update this page and its
> subpages. The mentioned page is considered to be the table of contents. If
> you like to come up with a different organization of the page - please do
> so.

  Thank you!

> 2. Experimental Implementation of Multilingual Support
>
> There is an existing experimental implementation of multilingual support by
> OHSHIMA Yoshiki.
> It can be downloaded from
> http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/squeak-multilingual-e.html

> In the download section there are instructions how to obtain the change set
> and the kanji font in bdf format.
> Yoshiki - may I ask you to add a sample page for Non-Japanse-speakers?
> Possibly also containing English comments?

  You mean the instruction I put in the "pre-loaded" image?
I would write something, but basically what it says is how
to "do it" and the translation of the contents of the
"first" window.

  If you want to play with, just copy some characters you
don't know into copy-buffer and put it somewhere in text,
for example Workspace, TextMorph, the browser, and
TextOnCurve.

                                             OHSHIMA Yoshiki
                Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
                               Tokyo Institute of Technology