alternative to displayWorld

Luciano Notarfrancesco luciano2 at mail.ru
Tue Sep 7 18:43:43 UTC 1999

Hi.

I'm trying to sinchronize sound with animations implemented in morphic. There is a CurveMorph that changes its shape every 80 msecs or so (80 average, 300 max, 40 min) while a sound is playing. The problem is that the CurveMorph should be redrawn each time it changes. Right now I am doing 'self world displayWorld', but this seems to be very slow, and introduces pauses in the sound (the sound is being generated in real time, it grows while it's playing). Is there any alternative to displayWorld?

Right now I doing some experiments with simple 2D animations, but I really want to use Alice soon. How often is a Wonderland view redrawn? Can it be done at very short time intervals?

Thanks,
Luciano.-