Unicode support

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Wed Sep 22 14:34:53 UTC 1999

Hi Lawson,

That's an interesting distinction. I don't know if it's possible to write a
method that could make such a distinction. If you did you'd need an
international dictionary and you'd have to check all the words. A simplier
method could check for specific "character sets" and tell you what
character sets a GeneralString instance contains. A sort of population
distribution of characters and character sets.

All the best,

Peter William Lount
peter at smalltalk.org
http://www.smalltalk.org

p.s. Anyone got anything they want to contribute to
http://www.smalltalk.org?