Clio?

David LeBlanc whisper at accessone.com
Tue Sep 7 21:18:03 UTC 1999

I was also interested in the Clio, but the reviews are not that flattering
- slow, dim screen, no memory expansion etc. I do LOVE the design though.

For my money, the HP Journada 820 with a 16mb upgrade (total 32mb) is a
much better bet. bright screen, longer battery life etc. Reviews of the
Journada say that it has the longest actual battery life of any of the
HHPC's - 8 hours actual vs 10 hours advertized - and there is a "long life"
battery option advertized at 15 hours so i'd guess it would be good for 12.
I plan to get a Journada as soon as I can afford it - unless something
better then the Journada comes along in the meantime (maybe around COMDEX
time in November?).

If you're not in a hurry, devices that can use the new Win/CE 3.0 will be
even better since MS has uprated max memory capability to 256mb along with
other extras. (NB: don't confuse some "HHPC/Pro 3.0" labels with Win/CE
3.0: they are different.)

My dream machine is a Win/CE 3.0 device with a Clio form facter, an 800x600
screen, stereo sound, stylus input, 12 hour honest battery life, 256mb of
RAM and using an ARM chip like the Journada does. I don't think it will be
along anytime soon though.

Hope this helps.

Dave LeBlanc