An image is a lonely place

John Tobler squeakie at visto.com
Thu Sep 30 09:29:55 UTC 1999

I think it was Edward P Luwish who wrote:

> An admiring comment:
>
> The extent to which people are developing and
> proposing visionary solutions in Smalltalk is
> mind-boggling.  No other software invention in
> my memory has inspired such a flood of
> innovations. ....

This may be a bit unfair to some other very dynamic
OpenSource initiatives.  In particular, the Python
community has proven itself *most* fertile.  They are doing
some really cool stuff (TM).  That said, I certainly share
your gushing admiration for those who have given us Squeak!

Thanks and kowtows to our mutual heroes (Hmmmm.  Are there,
perhaps, heroines to be thanked as well?)

Blessings to all!

/John