More Benchmark Results + Problems with Win32/WinCE VMs

Dick Karpinski dick at cfcl.com
Wed Sep 1 03:16:56 UTC 1999

>Lost mouse clicks are definitely not a Win32 issue - it happens on all
>machines that are slow enough. The events are received by the VM but Morphic
>just does not poll often enough to get the mouse clicks (e.g., when the
>mouse gets down and up inbetween two poll cycles you have a lost mouse
>click).

Can someone explain to me why mouse clicks can't have a sticky bit so that
only the second click is lost, not the first?

A second mystery to me is why Filein operations are irreversable.  What's
the problem?  I know how to write the reversing instructions when I do the
damage in other systems.  Why do people put up with being unable to retreat?

Dick