Lobbying Smalltalk...

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at etranslate.com
Thu Sep 30 16:39:06 UTC 1999

OK, this is my pet peeve so I'm going to whine.

STOP THE MADNESS!

This insane forced march of everything to Java for everything has
got to stop.
Apart from the fact that Java is a failure as a platform independent
development tool
and that its libraries are obviously quickly hacked and poorly
thought out, its performance
is generally slow slow slow.

Java is just a craze.  It will go away the way C++ did.  Ignore the
distraction.
If you are looking for a sign - then I'd say that the day Java gets
templates
is the day it dies (although it will likely take a long time to fall
over).

giovanni.giorgi at mlab.disco.unimi.it

> // Master Thesis  at http://mars.sal.disco.unimi.it/~giorgi
> // Student & (ex)Tutor at Depart. of Computer Science of Milan, Italy.

eTranslate, Inc.                                    The Power of Language
Todd Blanchard                                  main +1.415.487.7850
Chief Technology Architect                      fax +1.415.371.0010
http://www.etranslate.com/
520 Third Street, Suite 505,      San Francisco, California 94107, U.S.A.