[BUG][FIX?] Discrepancies in Low Level Object Header tests

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Thu Sep 2 16:16:42 UTC 1999

On Wed 01 Sep, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:

> True that many plugins don't do comprehensive type checking or are
> tested using the interpreter.  I am presently finishing up a tool
> which I hope may change that.
Ecellent idea - I look forward to trying it out. I have nine plugins that
could do with a good automated consistency etc. checker!
[snip]
> Obviously, they should be consistent, and I
> think the proposed change was the intended function.  Comparing, for
> example, ObjectMemory>>isWords: with Interpreter>>isIndexable:, I
> believe that the breaking of symmetry was accidental, i.e., a
> bona-fide bug.
Oh, absolutely. I was trying to infer exactly that, but it was after all
late at night! Just the time to make that sort of mistake in fact...

[snip]
> Correct, its in Interpreter.
....and I really think it would go better in ObjectMemory. Even if only for
consistency and an obvious place  to look for it later!

tim

--
Strange OpCodes: BGL: Branch and Goto Lunch
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)