New Palm Compatible

Craig Thrall cthrall at dataware.com
Thu Sep 23 20:04:13 UTC 1999

> On the other hand, I imagine that most people would want to keep the
> PalmOS on the machine. This could make it very hard to do seemingly
> simple things. Still, not having PalmOS could encourage people to
> write similar (and better) personal application software in MVC. :)

There's a project for running Linux on the Palm - see http://www.uclinux.org
for more information.  This would probably be the easiest (?) way to get
Squeak running on the Palm platform.

In fact, click on the "Hardware Kit project" link on the left-hand side of
the page.  You can get a board that will run Linux and drive a LCD for $175.
Hook up a LCD panel and you've got an interesting platform for your
interactive book.  Ooooh...this would be a great, inexpensive platform...you
could do all SORTS of cool stuff with it.

Craig