[Question]Resourses stored in the image

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Apr 26 15:37:05 UTC 2000

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:57:19 +0200 Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
>Now I have another question. The image in PaintBoxMorph is at depth 8.
>Which palette does it use ? Why does the color deteriorate when
>I turn the display to 8 colors. Does it us a extracted palette? How do I
>do that. Do the program use a seperate palette?

Hi Karl,

The images for the buttons are instances of ColorForm which do indeed have their own palette (see the method #colors:). The palette can contain colors that are too subtle to be represented accurately when the Display is 8 bits (or even when at 16 if very fine gradations are chosen).

Cheers,
Bob