[ENH] Basis for flexible source code management

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Fri Apr 28 16:28:25 UTC 2000

Hans-Martin -

>Please, SqC: Consider these changes for inclusion in the standard
>release. I think that apart from the better extensibility of this
>scheme, it has the big advantage of keeping all this ugly stuff in a
>central place, making its maintenance easier.

With all due respect, these were already pretty well contained.
The entire change to doubled file sizes only changed 6 methods.

I am running with your changes now.
Assuming all goes well, I'll send them out with next updates.

>Note: These changesets must be loaded in the correct order, and you
>should load them after 2004BigSources-di because they have conflicting
>method definitions.

Yes, ahem, AND you should move the def of CompiledMethod>>sourcePointer in front of that for CompiledMethod>>fileIndex in the second file, if you don't want to crash your Squeak ;-).

	- Dan