Go

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Tue Apr 18 05:21:43 UTC 2000

Lex Spoon wrote:

> > > Do you know of other games having a sort of standardized protocol?
> Chess does.  Check out xboard, for instance.  The protocol doesn't seem
> to documented anywhere, but there are a large number of clients.
>
> Note there are at least two levels of support for these "ICS" servers.
> First, you can simply support the play of games, and give players a
> telnet window for doing things like setting up a games.  Second, you can
> try to automate *all* the commands that ICS supports.  This is a big
> task, though....

With some help from a chess playing friend of mine I found some links to
servers
http://www.caissa.com/
http://www.chessclub.com/

and documentation

ftp://ftp.chessclub.com/pub/icc/formats/formats.txt

But, you are right, seems like a bit more work than I can put into this
right now.

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill