[BUG] .changes file position overflowing at 16M size

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Sat Apr 15 21:31:33 UTC 2000

Henrik Gedenryd wrote:

> Ok, so to the point: I assume I am not the first to have had this problem.
> Is there an established procedure for dealing with this? Otherwise I offer
> to produce a warning box when the limit is approached.

Yeah, we were bitten by that too :-(
Workarounds:
- when testing stuff producing large amounts of changes consider rolling
back to the original changes file every time before you start the image.
Don't forget to file out the changes you want to keep before you do
that.
- run a condense changes in between (at least in the test image)
- build a test image with condensed sources, so you start with an empty
changes file. That gives you plenty of room for producing changes

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill