[NEWBIE] MVC - Morphic

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun Apr 23 23:23:48 UTC 2000

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 00:16:04 +0200 "Jan Hussaarts" <jan at hussaarts.tmfweb.nl> wrote:
>I am new to squeak, but have some experience in VW. I understand the MVC
>triade. I went thru some of the examples on morphic, but cannot figure out
>how the MVC triade is replaced by morphic. Should I still use models and let
>one or more morphs deal with both the View and the controler part, or is
>there a different mechanism behind it?

Jan,

You may get strong opinions for one approach or the other, but my answer is: do what works best.

- You certainly can let the morph be the "VC" part of MVC and define a separate model object to be "M". Morphs can, and do, become dependents of other objects and do whatever is necessary when the model changes.

- You can also let the morph do it all where circumstances permit. When there is only one view of something, it often feels like extra work to create the extra classes/methods.

Cheers,
Bob