Minimizing window reorders Squeak windows?

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Wed Apr 19 21:45:51 UTC 2000

Doug Way <dway at mat.net> replied...
>I don't see a bug here.  By "order" I assume you mean the order in which
>the windows within Squeak are overlapping, topmost to bottommost?
>
>As far as I can tell, whenever I minimize the entire Squeak window (on
>Windows NT), and then open it again, all of the Squeak windows are in the
>same order that they were before.  (In MVC or Morphic, with Squeak 2.7.)

There is a feature in Squeak (see senders and implmentors of #makeMeVisible) that causes windows to be moved if, due to resizing of the screen, they are no longer visible.  This can make a mess, and is mainly annoying if it had been your intent to re-enlarge the screen a little later anyway.  It should probably be changed so that it leaves things alone, but places a flashing button in the upper left whose caption (and effect) is something like "relocate offscreen windows so they are visible."

	- Dan