Is there any interest for Drag&Drop for standard tools at all?

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Wed Apr 19 09:26:14 UTC 2000

Stephan,

I'm sure there's an interest for D&D. It's just that all essential things
for Squeak coding are there. For example, I seldomly move methods around,
and if I do, it's a major reorganization, so I choose "reorganize".

> So I would like to have some feedback regarding following questions:
>
> - Are you interested in Drag&Drop functionality for standard tools
> (Browsers, FileList, ChangeList) or not?

Yes, I am.

> - Do you have and use other Browsers and/or standard tools with
> drag&drop functionality already build in?

No.

> - Have I used the wrong subject for my posting?

No.

> - Do you have critics regarding my implementation?

Sorry, I didn't look at it.

> - Is this topic low in priority for you?

Yes.

> - What do you think about this topic at all?

Keep going :-)

If there was D&D in all tools, I probably could get used to it. But it has
to be consistent over all tools. And this is the point were
implementations usually get complex, so that's why it's not yet there.

  -Bert-