Logo in Smalltalk

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sun Apr 30 14:58:34 UTC 2000

Check out: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1240 for a description of
StarLogoWorld, what seems to be an implementation of StarLogo. StarLogo is
exceptionally neat: It allows you to control mulitple turtles in
parallel. You can do a lot of very cool simulations very easily with it.

(I have a small writeup of the recent Java version of StarLogo
at: http://www.monkeyfist.com/articles/333)

"Although you are dealing with thousands of turtles you can do neat
things. For example we can have the turtles leave scent trails, then we
can have the turtles hunt for the best scent intensity. For that example
you get clumps of turtles, with turtles occasionally peeling off and going
to another scent clump.

He will look into the distribution of theis work. This is the type of
thing Disney would like to package up and deliver on the network to the
education market."

I'd love to hear more about the distribution of this work!

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.