[updates] 35 more for 2.8alpha

R. A. Harmon harmonra at webname.com
Sun Apr 30 14:41:02 UTC 2000

At 01:39 PM 4/29/00 +0200, Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:
>At 15:56 27.04.00 -0500, R. A. Harmon wrote:
>
>>I would suspect not as MVC is slated to be removed from Squeak Central
>>release.  I'm not sure when.
>
>I'm not sure whether this statement is correct.  Actually, I think, it's
>wrong.  AFAIK, the default desktop is probably changed from MVC to morphic
>but there're no plans to remove MVC.

The last time this question came up a couple of months ago I went back and
found Dan Ingalls's original post on the future of Squeak and confirmed that
he said MVC was being removed.  I think I posted an excerpt of it.

Unless I missed something since the last discussion, I guess that is still
the plan.

>I'm also pretty sure that this wouldn't be easy as it's deeply burried in
>all parts of Squeak - including Morphic :-)

If I remember correctly, during the last discussion Dan explained (something
like) that the MVC event mechanism would remain but they still planned to
remove the MVC GUI framework.  Sorry, I can't give a better explanation.

He said anyone could then add the MVC GUI framework to the Squeak Central
release, if they wanted it.

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"
harmonra at webname.com           E. G. McCarthy