FixInterpreterPluginACG

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Tue Apr 4 02:28:26 UTC 2000

'From Squeak2.8alpha of 14 January 2000 [latest update: #1919] on 3
April 2000 at 10:12:34 pm'!
"Change Set:		FixInterpreterPluginACG
Date:			3 April 2000
Author:			Andrew C. Greenberg

Changes introduced in Update 1908 broke both plugin compilers,
causing interpreterProxy to be misdeclared in generated code as 'int
interpreterProxy', causing the generated plugins to be uncompilable
without turning off type checking.  This changeset repairs that bug.

The new var:type: absolutely does NOT work, presently generating
unlinkable procedures in the generated plugin.  While this can be
repaired fairly easily with a modification of CCodeGenerator to strip
the parse tree (as is presently done with var:declareC), I question
the wisdom of introducing the feature with this selector.  IMHO
var:type: will too easily be confused with var:as:
May I suggest, perhaps, var:declareCType:?"!