[BUG] Decoding problem in morph files

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Thu Apr 13 17:10:24 UTC 2000

From:  Dean Swan at MITEL on 04/13/2000 01:10 PM

>Uugh.  I have NT at work; I'll give it a try there.  Perhaps the
>problem is a brain-dead WinZip doing a format change while
>decompressing.
>
>Temporary fix attempt:  the morph file is now separate at:
>    http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~gargus/organizer.morph
>
>Try load it directly in with:
>'http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~gargus/SqueakMorphs/booktutorial.morph' asUrl
>retrieveContents contentStream fileInObjectAndCode openInWorld
>
>> Bye
>> Torsten
>
>Thanks for trying it out, and for the heads-up on the documentation morph.
>
>Joshua

Joshua,

     I too had the problem with loading the morph.  Reading it
directly from this URL worked ok, but.....

     1) Your "Try to load it directly with:" loads your BookMorph
        tutorial, which is rather nice, all by itself.  Looks like you
        made a cut and paste error here.  Putting the 'organizer.morph'
        URL in place of the "booktutorial" URL corrects this.

     2) You are probably developing based on some version of 2.8alpha?

        On a 2.7 image, several things don't work properly.  I've attached
        a GIF screenshot of the problems I encountered.  The walkback was
        caused by clicking in the "drag-and-drop" area.

        If you are using 2.8alpha for development, please excuse my rant,
        *BUT*.....

          It has been a long standing "policy" that "alpha" and "beta"
          images are for "test pilots" only.  Personally, I have
          not done any development using "test pilot" images, and I would
          hope that others would be kind enough to test their projects
          with the "current official release" version of Squeak, which is
          2.7 at the moment.

        </end rant>

     This does look really neat.  Once I can actually run it.  I may take it
for a spin on my Casio E-105.  After all, PDAs and PIMs go together, no?

                                         -Dean Swan
                                         dean_swan at mitel.com

(See attached file: Screenshot.gif)