[ENH] Flexible LowSpaceWatcher

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 4 21:14:12 UTC 2000

This is tres neato.  A nice, simple improvement, IMHO, would be to have
more than one level of severity:

	1. Discard completely unneeded things.

	2. Discard things that are unneeded, but expensive to recompute.

	3. Discard things that are irreplacable.  Unfortunate, but probably
better than letting the image just quit.

"Space hogs" would register with one of these levels, and the low-space
code would try less-severe hogs before moving to more severe ones.

Food for headaches: how do you extend this kind of scheme to handle
other resources, such as file handles and sockets?

	-Lex