[ENH] BrowserWithDragAndDrop

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Wed Apr 26 20:24:57 UTC 2000

Dear Aibek,

Aibek Musaev wrote:

> Stephan,
>
> Only today I looked at your code. It is very neat. It gives a cool d&d
> feel to the browser.

I'm currently in the hot phase of releasing the next version. Since I'm
going to travel for a few days, I plan to release it tomorrow or Friday.

> I provide a little update to one of your methods. Please read the
> corresponding comments below:
>
> 'From Squeak2.8alpha of 19 January 2000 [latest update: #1919] on 25 April
> 2000 at 2:21:10 pm'!
>
> !PluggableListMorph methodsFor: 'drag and drop' stamp: 'am 4/25/2000
> 14:20'!
> wantsDroppedMorph: aMorph event: anEvent
>         "updated by Aibek Musaev 05/26/2000:
>                 why:
>                         only Browser currently implements
>                         #wantsDroppedMorph:event:atListMorph:,
>                         that is why if d&d onto ChangeSorter, e.g., Squeak
>                         will complain
>                 how:
>                         if model is not Browser, call the parent's
>                         #wantsDroppedMorph:event:atListMorph:"
>
>         | m |
>         m _ self owner model.
>         (m isKindOf: Browser)
>                 ifTrue: [^ m wantsDroppedMorph: aMorph event: anEvent
> atListMorph: self]
>                 ifFalse: [^ super wantsDroppedMorph: aMorph
> event: anEvent]! !

Thank you. But time goes by and I think I already have implemented a
more general solution:

In the next version PluggableListMorphs are initializable for drag/drop
sensitive or not. So every tool can initialize them accordingly (default
is 'not drag/drop sensitive' of course).

I want to keep PluggableListMorphs as general as possible and avoid tool
specific code in them.

Thank you for your interest,

Greetings,

Stephan