Cross-dialect binary serialization

Robert Withers withers at vnet.net
Tue Apr 11 21:18:47 UTC 2000

Conrad Taylor wrote:

> How are you doing?  I would like to receive the
> latest code.

Good, thanks.   I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but
here is the site.  There is a download link toward the bottom...

I do know why I didn't think of this.  There are a couple of missing
things that Squeak needs but this shouldn't be a part of the SRP (State
Replication Protocol) framework.  One of these is #isMetaclass protocol
in ProtoObject and MetaClass.  The other is an ANSI DateAndTime class.
Oh yes, and I need to implement the #directedMessageClass in the
SrpPortableBehaviorSqueak class.

http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk/Binary+standard+for+object+interchange

Gemstone is considering putting this in their product, and the other
vendors were represented so they probably will too.

Cheers,
Robert