VNC Server

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Thu Apr 6 12:26:39 UTC 2000

Lex Spoon wrote:

> Instead of copying bitmaps from Squeak to the terminal, my system
> copies Squeak canvas commands.  Of course, this means it is Morphic-specific,
> and that you have to have to implement your own client as well.

Yes--this is a nice way to do it. More OO, since you're in effect rerouting
the messages. But couldn't one imagine having the Canvas as a remote object,
and a proxy in the display client image, which invokes general message
rerouting to the "real" canvas. This would be a "pure" distributed objects
solution to what you are doing. Seems like a more general solution, but
might be more work.

Henrik