Is #become: necessary for all Objects?

Robert Withers withers at vnet.net
Thu Apr 13 04:55:52 UTC 2000

I was browsing around the image today and there were several senders of
#become: that I could see and none of those were in the Interpreter or
ObjectMemory.  Is seems that several Morphs and Sound things send this
message and then the MethodDictionaries use it when growing, so that is
probably important to the VM.

Why is #become: necessary for all Objects?

It would solve a lot of the security partitioning problems if we could
eliminate this method from the immutable classes.

Cheers,
-Rob