[IDEA] Using Squeak for mailing lists...

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at canis.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 19 17:17:23 UTC 2000

Something like this is among the many things I've been plinking
away at for quite some time.  My take on this is at:

http://oasis.canis.uiuc.edu:8080/Squeak/The+Visible+Squeak

This won't be done overnight, so feel free to build whatever
you think will work.  I have a fairly decent EMail inbox parser
that creates a model of EMail folders, messages, and parts.
That's useful if you want to be able to build a variety of tools
for gathering various bits of information from the messages,
such as source code or references to class names ( so you can
track the interest in a given class, for instance ).

However, I'm more interested in being sure that whatever solution
I build will be cross-dialect portable.  So, Squeak-only solutions
aren't of interest to me, neither are VisualWorks-only solutions.
Smalltalk-only solutions are perfectly fine by me.

- les