More newbie questions...

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Sat Apr 8 06:37:17 UTC 2000

Mark wrote:
> So, I'm going through this tutorial and one of the examples has:
>
>   answer _ FillInTheBlank request:'Give me cookie !!! (please)'.
>
> However, when I go to find the method "request", it's no where to be
> found ... at least, *I* can't find it.

Welcome to the mysteries of classes and instances! ;-)

I bet you were looking in the "instance" protocol? That is, the messages
understood by *instances* of a certain class.

When you look at your example above, you are sending the message request
to the *class* FillInTheBlank. (just select the word FillInTheBlank and
inspect it)

To see the class methods of a class in the browser click on the "class"
button underneath the class list.

Michael

--
 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill