Packaging into the sole Squeak window

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Fri Apr 28 11:13:26 UTC 2000

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, John M McIntosh wrote:

> Ok well a 2.6 Unix/Linux version has
> ioSetDisplay coded as
> fprintf(stderr,"useless output if you are hoping to resize the window")
>
> Well it doesn't quite say that, but it certainly doesn't have the code to
> support resizing the window. Unless of course that feature has creeped into
> 2.7 or 2.8
>
> (Sorry I cann't fix it this month (way too much on the go), takers?)
> Should just be a little X-window magic eh?

To fully support it, there's more needed than a "little" magic. That
primitive is for switching to a different video mode with the given
resolution and depth. I guess to switch back to windowed mode the
fullscreen flag would be false, and width/height/depth ignored.
Could SqC confirm this? It's a DirectX game thing I suppose. Andreas?

A trivial implementation with X is this:

/* ioSetDisplayMode: switch to specified videomode
 * Note: we ignore depth and fullscreenFlag for now because to
 *       change it we would have to do use the XF86VidMode extension
 *       or something similar not cross-platform ...
 */
int ioSetDisplayMode(int width, int height, int depth, int fullscreenFlag)
{
  XResizeWindow(stDisplay, stWindow, width, height);
  return 1;
}

It just resizes the window. It does not touch savedWindowSize. It ignores
the other fullscreen logic (prim 233). The third fullscreen logic
(the global fullScreen) is only in effect at startup anyway.  ~8-}

  -Bert-