Squeak on PlayStation? + (Squeak Games...)

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Thu Apr 13 02:45:56 UTC 2000

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
[snip]
> My goal for the nearer future is to use Squeak for Go-programming: Go is
> an Asian strategy board game with a higher complexity as chess. Moreover
> there aren't any Go-programs playing with master strength now...
[snip]

Go would be excellent, particularly if there were interesting and useful
tutorials attached. I played a little Go in college but I'm afraid that
there probably isn't a computer Go program bad enough for me to beat, even
with handicaps and giving me advice.

One of the great intractable problems of AI... :)

(Hmm. Though, let's see, we have this multplayer scrabble system. That
gives use a board, tiles, client and server. Wow, I bet a quite nifty
generlized game system could be built on that. Anyone know the protocals
for the net distributed backgammon, etc. games?)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.