[Q][Drag&Drop] Event handling, PolygonMorph, line drawing questions

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Tue Apr 25 07:10:16 UTC 2000

Stephan Rudlof wrote:

> But in
> Morph>>privateMoveBy: delta
> "Private! Use 'position:' instead."
> there is this comment und also it is located in protocol 'private'. It
> wasn't obvious for me to look for 'private' methods in Morph or
> elsewhere.

Stephan, there's a good reason--one isn't supposed to use it :)

But I agree with Bob that it is useful and should have a non-private
counterpart, unless someone has a good reason why not. Here is the one I use
(ymmv):

Morph>>fullMoveBy: delta
    "Change the position of this morph and and all of its submorphs."

    self changed;
        privateFullMoveBy: delta;
        changed

Also note that the private version doesn't work properly for general use,
since it doesn't issue a #changed message (by design).

>> there is this comment und also it is located in protocol 'private'. It
                         ^^^

I just love those slips. In another mail today, Stefan-without-ph wrote "vor
example". It seems to be a German thing. I've also seen "as" in odd places
where I think it would be "als" if it was in German.

Henrik