Trouble With Squeak Tutorial?

Conrad Taylor conradwt at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 00:25:00 UTC 2000

[ snip I continue to be well.  Oh wait, maybe that's ]

> > Well, I wasn't able to get pass the
> > section on 'Writing more permanent code'.  I
> attempted
> > to add the method:
> >
> > hello
> >     Transcript show:  'Hello World'
>
> Where are you adding the method?  Are you sure
> you're adding it to the
> right class?  Highlight 'hello' in your workspace,
> and hit Alt-M (shows
> all implementors of the method selector named
> 'hello').

Ok, I have it working now.  Also, I have tried using
the Alt-M with success on my method hello.

> Try navigate to Object>>dependents, and type over
> this method with the
> code shown above.  This will add the method 'hello'
> in Object's category
> 'dependents access'.  In general, navigate to the
> category you want the
> method to appear in, and then type in the code in
> the edit pane below.

I was leaving the old method name in the editor when
I was adding the new one.  Thanks for the information.

-Conrad

> Good luck,
> Joshua
>

> > without any success because when I try to do the
> > following in the workspace:
> >
> > Object new hello <click do it>
> >
> > Then I would receive error messages in a pop-up
> > dialog window saying:
> >
> > Object>>doesNotUnderstand:
> > UndefinedObject>>DoIt
> > Compiler>>evaluate:in:to:notifying:ifFail:

PluggableTextController(Paragraph)>>evaluateSelection