How to use Celeste?

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Mon Apr 10 07:57:13 UTC 2000

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> "Fetch mail" asks for a POP password.
> I don't have one.  I don't even know what POP is.  I just want to
> read the mail that is already on my machine in /var/mail/ok.
> I can send mail now, but I still can't read it.

Celeste currently is for home users mainly. It does not support unix-style
file-based mail for reading / sendmail for sending, but uses the
Internet mail protocols POP (Post Office Protocol) for reading and SMTP
(Simple Mail Transport Protocol) for sending mail. You can find info on
these protocols, for example, in Netscape's "Setting up Mail" help page.

You can, however, import your mail from /var/mail/ok (or from your saved
mail folders) via the "import into category" menu item. But this works
only once and not incrementally.

  -Bert-