Signage on Acorn?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Apr 22 01:26:09 UTC 2000

John M McIntosh wrote:

> Hey Tim, now you get to explain why the Acorn version works eh? Which
> compiler isn't standard?
I think that it's a case of there being no actual standard. If there is
a standard, I'd be inclined to say the Acorn compiler sticks to it,
since it is written by a pair of fussy old Cambridge (UK) dons who are
sticklers for the standards. The header files are full of sly comments
on the matter. The warning output make lint look sloppy.

Still now I know what to look for and I expect the sound stuff might
just have the same problem.

tim