[UPDATES] 31 updates for 2.8alpha

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Fri Apr 21 22:40:30 UTC 2000

To get an updated 2.8alpha (with all updates released up to March 26)
fetch

ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/2.7/files/Squeak2.8a-beo.zip

This will give you the .image and .changes files. Just use the .sources
file and the VM and pluggable files from the 2.7 distribution to run the
2.8alpha files.

To be fully up-to-date though, you will still need to do an update.
While you are online, open up a Morphic project in 2.8alpha - and either
right-click on the Morphic desktop and select "load latest code
updates", or left-click and select "help...", then select "update code
from server". It will only take a few minutes while the last couple
groups of updates are installed in your image -- then save the image and
you've got a fully up-to-date 2.8alpha.

-- Dwight