Packaging into the sole Squeak window

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Apr 26 02:27:50 UTC 2000

> All:
>
> I've got an application packager (which is application dependent) which
generates an image which has no development tools, source or changes files.

> It all lives in a rectangular morph.
>
> I'd like to change the size of the Mac's window, the one into which Squeak
writes. The only available options that I can find let me use the full
screen, or use whatever has manually been set.

> Ideally, I would like to tell the Mac's window to be MxN, where MxM is the
size of the rectangular morph. The single Mac window would then be the
cloned applications window.

> It sounded simple at first, but I can see no way to do it from Smalltalk.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Dave
> _______________________________
> David N. Smith
> IBM T J Watson Research Center
> Hawthorne, NY
> _______________________________
> Any opinions or recommendations
> herein are those of the author
> and not of his employer.

MMM well working backwards I see that you need to call the Mac's sizeWindow
which is called from ioSetDisplayMode in sqMacWindow.c which is called by
primitiveSetDisplayMode in interp.c which is primitive 92

In Interpreter primitiveSetDisplayMode talkes about
looking at DisplayScreen setDisplayDepth:extent:fullscreen:

which is where the trail grows cold.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6