"**System error handling failed**"

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Wed Apr 26 19:40:42 UTC 2000

jchludzinski at grci.com wrote:

> Sometimes when executing some of my code, the upper left corner of the Squeak
> main window shows a stack dump (in a white square) with the message "**System
> error handling failed**" at the top of the square and "**Type any character to
> continue**".
>
> Should I expect this?
>
> Will this (to some extent) disappear in 2.8?

This happens when something goes wrong inside Morphic. The odd placement is
just because Morphic has run amok and so can't be used for error display.

Perhaps we should consider making this a little more informative/less scary,
now that Morphic will be the first encounter of a new user. I wouldn't know
how to do it though.

How do the worst possible interface bugs manifest themselves in MVC?

Henrik