[ENH] Flexible LowSpaceWatcher

Georg Gollmann georg.gollmann at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Apr 10 15:42:31 UTC 2000

At 9:06 Uhr +0200 10.04.2000, Lex Spoon wrote:
>Georg Gollmann <georg.gollmann at tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>>  >This is tres neato.  A nice, simple improvement, IMHO, would be to have
>>  >more than one level of severity:
>>
>>  I thought about that too. My idea was to use the ordering in
>>  MemoryHogs to decide whom to call. But I left this out for
>>  simplicity: do not implement what you do not need.
>  >

>How would you ensure that all the destructive guys end up on the list
>ahead of the non-destructive guys?  I suppose you could have "add to
>front" and "add to back" variants of the registration method....

To be clear: the current implementation allows you to do any fancy
stuff since it simply makes the list of MemoryHogs, which is an
OrderedCollection, visible. So you can do addFirst: or addLast:.
Furthermore the "freeSomeSpace" methods can query the environment to
determine how much to throw away in a particular situation.

Georg
--
----
Dipl.Ing. Georg Gollmann                TU-Wien, Zentraler Informatikdienst
mail:gollmann at zid.tuwien.ac.at
http://macos.tuwien.ac.at/Gollmann.html