Squeak+GTK

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Mon Apr 24 09:53:36 UTC 2000

At 13:06 24.04.00 +1000, you wrote:
>So what I wanted to know is if anyone out there has attempted making GTK
>primitives for Squeak?

AFAIK, nobody is working on GTK widgets for Squeak at the moment.  You're
right that using plugins and named primitives, one could create something
similar to gtk-- (C++ bindings for GTK) or Python/GTK+.

I'd even agree that this would be a nice alternative - although I wouldn't
go so far and try to unify Squeak's widgets and gtk widgets or convert all
tools to that new set.  But for Gnome-style application, this would be
really nice I think.

Perhaps your question will start such a Squeak/GTK or Gsqueak project?

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust // ...dancing on the dark side of Moon