implementing sandboxes with capabilities

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Tue Apr 11 04:32:20 UTC 2000

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu: wrote
	Subject: implementing sandboxes with capabilities

	I wrote up a little document on a capabilities approach to
	sandboxes in Squeak.  I did it in a BookMorph just to try it.
	People can view it like this:

	'http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~lex/squeakcaps.morph' asUrl
	retrieveContents contentStream fileInObjectAndCode openInWorld

I tried this in Squeak2.7 on a SPARCstation 5 running Solaris 2.7.
(COPY) in a text window followed by (PASTE) over a Squeak Workspace
didn't work (why ever not?) so I retyped it.  When I did so, I mistyped
it, as '...squeakcaps.moph'.  I would have expected to be told that
there wasn't anything at that URL.  Instead I got a stream reading
progress bar pop up, and then a

	Syntax Error
	Undefined Object  as yet unclassified  Nothing
	Nothing more expected -><

box that popped up.  Certainly nothing suggested that I had the URL wrong.

On a PowerMac, some kind of warning box saying something about "drivers"
flashed up and flicked away again before I could read it properly, but
the BookMorph then came up and looked reasonable.

The text needs a spelling check.  Also "*a* specific resource and one
or more operations on *them*" needs fixing.  "progragramming" should be
"programming".

There are plenty of free dictionaries on the net, such as the ones that
the W3C provide with Amaya.  Are there any plans to provide some kind of
spelling check facility for BookMorphs?

If there's a page in a bookmorph that is too tall to see in its entirety,
how do you scroll it?