[UPDATES] 31 updates for 2.8alpha

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Mon Apr 24 20:54:02 UTC 2000

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Conrad Taylor wrote:

> Ok, I was able to complete the below.  Anyway, I was wondering, are
> fixes distributed as 'change sets' so that one can update their image
> from the Squeak server?
>
> I ask this question because I have received several e-mails that
> included 'change sets' and I would like to be able to get these from
> a central repository using the Squeak environment to load updates.

The fixes that are posted to this list are just random emails from
Squeakers... these "change sets" are not stored on the Squeak server for
automatic updating.  (Except for the ones that Squeak Central decides
should be included as part of the official Squeak release.)

But if you want to import/load a change-set that someone posts to the
list, all you need to do is save the changeset to your hard drive, and
then load the changeset via the File List window.

See the Squeak FAQ for more info on loading changesets, etc.

Also, there is a Bug Fixes Archive, which does archive all of the [FIX],
[ENH], and related changesets that anyone posts to the list, in case
you've already deleted your email.  (This archive is not related to the
Squeak Central update server.)  For more details on the Bug Fixes Archive,
see the info on the Squeak Swiki (follow the link from www.squeak.org).

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technologies, Ann Arbor, MI
  http://www.transom.com