[UPDATES] 31 updates for 2.8alpha

Conrad Taylor conradwt at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 19:35:00 UTC 2000

Ok, I was able to complete the below.  Anyway, I was
wondering, are fixes distributed as 'change sets' so
that one can update their image from the Squeak
server?
I ask this question because I have received several
e-mails that included 'change sets' and I would like
to be able to get these from a central repository
using
the Squeak environment to load updates.

Thanks,

-Conrad

--- Bruce O'Neel <beoneel at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   FOr all but the most recent updates you can get

<ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu//Smalltalk/Squeak/2.7/files/Squeak2.8a-beo.zip>

'http://www.mtl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~takeo/teddy/teddy.htm').
> [...]
> was
> > > broken and started to fix it.  Then I noticed
> that
> > > Bert already worked on this. So I put everything
> > > together, corrected the iso to mac mapping,
> changed
> > > the TTFontReader to use that new mapping instead
> of
> > > have its own variant and voilá, Scamber can show
> > > umlauts.  Attached to this changeset is a
> test.html
> > > page that demonstrats a few things.
> > > This change set also contains a EURO character
> for
> > > NewYork10 and fixes the width of the
> > > non-breaking-space character (#202 in Mac
> encoding,
> > > #160 in ISO8895-1).  Please look at the
> postscript.
> > > --sma"
> > >
> > > 1977B3DSceneExplorer -- Tobias Isenberg -- 28
> March
> > > 2000
> > > Adds a B3DSceneExplorerMorph with a number of
> > > generally useful control elements."
> > >
> > > 1978fileList-tkNX -- Ted Kaehler -- 29 March
> 2000
> > > A FileList looking at a remote server cuts off
> the
> > > read when more than 3500 characters have been
> > > received.  Only when the user asks to 'get
> entire
> > > file' does it read the whole thing."
> > >
> > > 1979master-tkNY
> > >
> > > 1980inside-tkNZ
> > >
> > > 1981ModularProjects1-9-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 19
> March
> > > 2000
> > > Defines a complete replacement for the existing
> > > ChangeSet class, and reworks all the isolated
> > > project logic to use it.
> > >
> > > 1982RemovalChanges-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 4 April
> 2000
> > > In the interest of simplicity, removes the
> > > convention that removeAllSuchThat: returns a
> > > collection of the removals.  This was never
> used, to
> > > the author's knowledge.
> > > Also introduces keysAndValuesRemove:, analogous
> > > keysAndValuesDo:, for removing a number of
> > > Dictionary entries without having to maintain a
> copy
> > > during the operation.
> > >
> > > 1983ModularProjects10-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 3
> April
> > > 2000
> > > Brings the new changeSets to the point where
> they
> > > can capture all info from existing changeSets
> > > successfully.
> > > Then, in the postscript, mutate all existing
> > > changeSets and supplant the old ChangeSet class
> by
> > > the new one.
> > >
> > > 1984ModularProjects11-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 4
> April
> > > 2000
> > > A number of fixes to the various ChangeSet
> editing
> > > operations supported in the ChangeSorter."
> > >
> > > 1985ProjectConversion-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 4

=== message truncated ===