[UPDATES] 31 updates for 2.8alpha

Conrad Taylor conradwt at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 21:14:25 UTC 2000

How are you doing?  I was wondering, how does one go
about obtaining the latest Squeak 2.8alpha release?
I'm looking for something that doesn't require me to
download and file-in changesets.

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

'http://www.mtl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~takeo/teddy/teddy.htm').
> [...]
>
> 1985ProjectConversion-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 4 April
> 2000
> Conversion methods needed when downloading content
> from old Projects and ChangeSets.  Note that
> ChangeSets will lose their contents.  Another update
> will follow with a more civilized solution.
>
> 1986ChgSetConversion-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 4 April
> 2000
> Several cleanups plus a reasonable conversion for
> old stored changeSets on file."
>
> 1987ChgSetQFix -- Dan Ingalls -- 4 April 2000
> Another tweak having to do with moving changes that
> involve a newly-defined class.
>
> 1988ChgSetQFix2
>
> 1989projNew-tkOA
>
> 1990flapEnterTweak-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 7 April
> 2000
> If, upon dragover of a flap tab armed for popping
> out on dragover, the hand is carrying anything, show
> the flap.  If the hand is empty, the likely cause is
> that it's manipulating a scrollbar or some such, so
> in that case don't pop the flap out."
>
> 1991PoohRelease -- Alexander Lazarevic -- 20 March
> 2000
> Pooh - Squeak's version of Teddy. See
> 	WonderlandCameraMorph openPoohAboutWindow
>
> 1992ChgSetQFix3
>
> 1993ExpandTweak-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 10 April 2000
> A fix to SystemWindow expand that restores ownership
> to the submorphs before attempting to resize.
> Also a tweak that includes the debug menu in the
> controlMenu for all morphs.
>
> 1994SymbolEquals -- Dan Ingalls -- 11 April 2000
> Changes the definition of Symbol = to string
> comparison for non-symbol arguments.  This
> suggestion by Stephan Rudlof establishes the
> following symmetric properties:
>      #abc = 'abc'
>      'abc' = #abc
> are both true; and
>      #abc == 'abc'
>      'abc' == #abc
> are both false.
> The result of = and == between two symbols remains
> unchanged.
>
> 1995rereadProj-tkOB
>
> 1996randomTile-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 14 April 2000
> Only affects the etoy system...
> Fixes a couple of bugs that crept into the
> RandomNumberTile last October.  It should now be
> possible to change the number on a RandomNumberTile
> as you'd expect -- both by clicking on the up/down
> arrows on the tile and by directly text-editing the
> number on the tile."
>
> 1997RevertOnError-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 4 April 2000
> If a recursive error happens and you are inside an
> isolation layer, then this code will revoke the
> current isolation layer and open a debugger in the
> project associated with the outer layer.  Many
> formerly unrecoverable errors can now be diagnosed
> and repaired in this manner.  A long diagnostic
> message describes the situation and how to deal with
> it.
> This facility has been tested for all combinations
> of Morphic and MVC projects.  While the basic
=== message truncated ===