Mac 2.8 Browser plugin

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Aug 29 18:05:18 UTC 2000

on 8/29/00 9:53 AM, Karl Ramberg at karl.ramberg at chello.se wrote:

> The mac plugin runs fine. :-) The biggest issue is the installation.
> On the Bert's download page it tells you to put the image in
> SystemFolder:Preferences:Squeak etc.
> SystemFolder and Preferences will have a name localized after the language
> MacOS
> is using. I have to admit I got confused because I do have a Preferences
> folder
> in my Swedish MacOS and that is created by some programs that do not follow
> the
> MacOS guidelines and use named path names or something. The folder I should
> use is called Programinställningar. Well, there is enough room for confusion.
>
> Are there any free mac installers that could free us from these silly
> problems and
> let us keep the focus on interesting stuff ?
>
> Karl

Karl if I look around I could install a Swedish MacOS, but then I'd need to
ask for assistance to order to figure out the dialogs it would give me.

So I'm curious does it work? I think it should, I believe I'm following the
guidelines to find the Preferences folder (Programinställningar) that should
work regardless of the language of the OS.

There are package installers available for the open source community to use
to install software, see http://www.mindvision.com/pricing/shareware.asp
I believe Michael Rueger <m.rueger at acm.org> was looking into this.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6