Learning B3D (newbie)

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Wed Aug 2 19:43:26 UTC 2000

Jesse,

Translucency is currently not supported at all. The reason for this is
mainly that the rasterizer is based on some very experimental design (for
which the entire graphics community would probably kill me - "what??? you
can't seriously do THAT" ;-) The design makes it pretty fast and quite small
(no z-buffer required) but has, in it's current state, the disadvantage that
it simply can't deal with translucency correctly. I know how to change this
but these changes require a fundamental rewrite of core parts in the engine
and for now I just don't have no time to do it.

  - Andreas