Smalltalk and Big Ideas: Squeak tutorial

aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Tue Aug 15 00:39:17 UTC 2000

Making my occasional Mac rumors rounds, I stumbled upon this
little nugget of joy, apparently just put up today-

http://www.crosswinds.net/~orangeinsider/smalltalk/index.html

It's a basic intro to using the Squeak environment, and it
appears like it'll become a larger Squeak/Smalltalk tutorial,
aimed a beginners.  I post this because I think it'd be good
to see Squeak take over Visual Basic, Java/C++ (?!), Pascal,
and even Python as a beginner's language, and this seems
like it's a step in the right direction.

Aaron
-----
"Steve Jobs said two years ago that X is brain-damaged and it will be
gone in two years.  He was half right." -- Dennis Ritchie