[BUGS]Re: [Updates] 22 new ones

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Thu Aug 31 17:10:58 UTC 2000

> 2536MorphicDraw-di -- Dan Ingalls -- 29 August 2000
> Sundry changes to make Morphic a more useful environment for graphical ccomposition.
>         Ability to make synthetic bold for fonts with chars that have 0 leading.
>         Introduces LineMorph as a macro for degenerate polygons.
>         Introduces shift-click for showing and hiding handles of curves and polygons
>         Shift-click near a hidden vertex shows vertices, and starts drag, then hides vertices.
>         Introduces a menu item to mutate a polygon to a curve and back again.
>         Fixes resize so that it no longer clips a pixel when extending the bounds.
>         Introduces a selection morph for deletion, moving, duplication, color change, etc.
>                 Use by dragging in an empty place in the world,
>                 or choose 'make a selection' from a PasteUpMorph's menu.
>         Replicate feature:  duplicate/move/duplicate of a selection repeats the same spacing.
> [Note: the changed order of #layoutChanged and #changed in Morph>>extent: and Morph>>position: is fundamental, and could cause strange behavior almost anywhere.  It should only be an improvement -- it fixes a long-standing bug that would clip pixels while extending morphs with either the resize command or by the halo -- but it could break dependent code].
>
> 2539MorphicDrawRepair-di

Thanks for lots of new features :-)

I tested the new draw functions and found something weird when shift dragging the little green
triangles: they resize :-o
When I make a line into a polygon it's really sluggish with the update, it will not redraw until
I release the mouse button

Also the change browser is really sluggish.

Karl