[vm question] speaking of ensure: ...

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 4 05:33:19 UTC 2000

In message <20000804045611.23470.qmail at web511.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> On my to-do list lies a long put-off task:  to fix the
> exceptions so they pass the ANSI SUnit tests, not to
> mention those in ExceptionTester.  Since my preferred
> solution to this involves a vm mod, and I've never
> actually tried to build a vm before, can anyone point
> me to the standard place (part of the wiki?) where one
> goes when one needs a course in VM Building for
> Dummies?
Well, I'm told that  http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/OE_Tour.html
is quite a good guide for part of your problem, and I suspect that
http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/squeakbook/22 should help.

If you've never built a VM before, are you confident you have the
requisite parts to actually make these mods? Y'know, computer, keyboard,
compiler, brain fully engaged before releasing parking brake, all that
kind of thing?

tim
Maniac:  An early computer built by nuts...